Be Part of the CBE Family!
Closing Date: 02 April 2021 at 10:00
The Council for the Built Environment (CBE), located in Menlyn, Pretoria, has the above position available for immediate appointment. The period of appointment is seven (7) months.
Purpose: Assist with instrument design, data collection, data capturing/consolidation of
information and basic report writing in respect of 13 Annual Performance Plan targets.
Depending on the respective target the student researcher will be expected to execute the following activities with minimum oversight:
- Conduct follow ups with survey participants
- Develop survey instruments as required (Google Forms)
- Data gathering via desktop - and survey research
- Data capture and consolidation
- Basic descriptive statistical analyses – (produce tables and graphs)
- Basic report writing
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Enrolled in or holding a Master’s Degree in Social Science Research or research related field
- Competent in MS Excel and Word
- Competent with Google Forms (or alternative mass online survey tool)
- Research Methodology
- Data Collection
- Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Report Writing
- Results focused
Applications, quoting the title of the position in the heading, must be submitted by e-mail on email@example.com by 02 April 2021. Applications must comprise a detailed CV, together with certified copies of academic records and qualifications. Applicants not contacted within four (4) weeks of the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The successful applicant will be required to undergo competency assessment. The CBE reserves the right not to make an appointment. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Unemployed graduates must be between the ages of 18 and 35. Applicants must have no previous work or internship experience. Applicants must possess qualifications and a good academic record of 60% and above in any of the fields of study listed in relation to the CBE’s operations and administration. Internship will be offered only to citizens of the Republic of South Africa.