7 - 8 FEBRUARY 2019
CSIR ICC | PRETORIA
IGNITING THE POSSIBILITIES...
It is expected that the Honourable Minister of Public Works will deliver the keynote address with the CBE Council Chairperson leading the event. Delegates will be addressed by thought leaders in the field of Transformation from industry, academia and government.
The Council for the Built Environment (CBE), located in Pretoria is a statutory body established under the Council for the Built Environment Act (No. 43 of 2000).
It is an overarching body that coordinates six Councils for the Built Environment Professions - Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architects, Project and Construction Management, Property Valuation, and Quantity Surveying.
CBE delivers its mandate through the following operational programmes. These are:
- Skills for Infrastructure Delivery, which drives skills development and transformation in the built environment. The focus areas of this Programme are on the Workplace Training and the Maths and Science support projects. Additionally, this Programme translates the knowledge generated from its pilot projects into frameworks/action plans.
- Built Environment Research, Information and Advisory through which CBE provides informed and researched advice to Government on priority matters in the built environment.
- Regulation and Oversight of six councils for the Built Environment Professions (CBEP) to ensure that CBE acts as an appeal body on matters of law regulating built environment professionals, and to promote sound governance in the Councils for the professionals.
- Government Policies and Priorities to ensure that built environment courses of study at institutions and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes are dynamic and include elements of a transforming society.
- Transformation – an over aching priority that permeates all of CBE’s operational programmes to redress inequities of South Africa’s past such as the racial and gender balance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VENDORS MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE CENTRAL SUPPLIER DATABASE (CSD) TO CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH CBE.
All service providers who wish to conduct business with the CBE by rendering goods/services are required to comply with National Treasury’s mandatory requirement of being registered on Government’s Central Supplier Database (CSD).
Suppliers wishing to register can visit the CSD Website.
Please note that the CBE will not award any quotation/bid to a supplier who is not registered as a prospective supplier on the CSD. Hence, it is the service provider’s responsibility to ensure that registration is completed correctly and timeously.
Manual on the Promotion of Access to Information Act (No. 2 of 2000), for the Council for the Built Environment.
Click here to download the Sotho Version
Click here to download the English Version
Click here to download the Zulu Version
Click here to download the Sepedi Version
Click here to download the Swati Version
Click here to download the Xhosa Version
Click here to download the Ndebele Version
Click here to download the Setswana Version
Click here to download the Venda Version
Click here to download the Tsonga Version
Click here to download the Afrikaans Version
News & Events
IDENTIFICATION OF WORK (IDoW)
Date: 19 December 2018
The previous update (dated 28 September 2018) provided a synopsis and contextual background to the identification of work process and must be read in conjunction with this update.
The purpose of this update is to keep stakeholders informed of the process followed and the progress thereof. The desired outcome is to invite dialogue on the process and the broader issue of regulating the built environment professions.
Protecting The Public
Date: 23 November 2018
RE: SOUTH AFRICAN COUNCIL FOR THE PROJECT AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONS (SACPCMP)
Date: 13th November 2018
Mr. AM MOLOBE
5th Term Council Chairperson Speech
Date: 16 January 2019
CBE’s Response to Manglin Pillay’s (CEO: SAICE) article Out on a Rib
Date: 07 August 2018
CBE Announcement of CEO Appointment
Date: 09 October 2017
SACAP statement on PI insurance and registration of professionals associated with a practice
Date: 09 November 2016
SACPCMP 6th Project and Construction Management Professions Conference
Date: 29 to 31 October 2018
Venue: Gallagher Convention Centre
Interested in joining the CBE family? Click the button below to see all the vacancies we have available.
See details below for appeals enquiries